Ni Hao!
(American translation: Hello. Literal translation: You are well Pronunciation: Not sure)
If I could skip this preparing and waiting part I would in a heartbeat. It is very stressful to try and figure out what I need to pack in the one suitcase I can take. I have made dozens of lists with all the items I need to take. Then I made another list from the previous list of how I would acquire these said items. Can I find it in our food storage/convenience store downstairs? Or will I have to shrink my wallet a little more and actually buy the item? So far the buying list outweighs the already own list by far.
The anticipation of waiting is driving me nuts! I cannot wait to get to China and to not hear everything second hand. To experience the...different cuisine, getting looks because I have red hair, and the general touring and picture taking that will occur. It can't come soon enough.
Fun fact about China: The Chinese address each other by last name and then occupation. This includes things such as president, doctor, general, captain and such, which isn't that unusual by English standards. But this also includes things like manager, chief engineer, or hospital administrator. Were I Chinese I would be addressed as Green Laoshi since I am going to be teaching while there. (Well my last name would be something cooler than Green like Li, Xang or something like that).
And the waiting continues.....
Ni Hao; pronounced {knee} {how}. don't ask how i know this. i will never admit to how i know.
ReplyDelete